2011年11月30日星期三

Damaging the economy and inconveniencing millions of people is your job

Public sector workers have hit back at Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne after he insisted that today’s strikes will damage the economy and inconvenience millions by reminding him that’s what he’s been doing for the last 18 months.

Cabinet Minister Francis Maude was also highly critical of the strikes and what they would achieve.

“Striking while negotiations are still going on will achieve about as much as the negotiations have up until now – nothing,” he blasted.

Despite the government’s insistence that the strikes are ‘indefensible’, polls suggest that the majority of the public support the action, with one poll revealing that 100% of schoolchildren think it’s ‘the best idea ever!’.
Strikes

Private sector opposition to the strikes has softened after workers enjoyed a congestion free journey into work this morning.

“I had convinced myself that all public sector workers were greedy, selfish bastards,” said 38 year-old Sandra McGovern.

“I’ve got to say though, that this morning I was in the office in plenty of time to have a bacon roll, a cup of tea and read TV Quick.”

“I wish they could strike everyday. Except every other Thursday because that’s when my rubbish is collected.”

“Oh, and next Tuesday would be a bad day too because I’ve got an appointment at the hospital to have an elastic band wrapped around my hemorrhoids,” she added.

没有评论:

发表评论