2011年7月27日星期三

Top 10 Celebrities Who'd Make Great (or Interesting) Medics

It was a late December night a few years ago, and my partner and I were bored. Perhaps boredom and cabin fever got the best of us, and since it was the holiday season, we got it in our heads to go caroling. So we hit iTunes, downloaded "The Chipmunks Christmas Album" and a few other songs, burned them to a CD, and set forth…in the ambulance.

As my partner drove around the neighborhood, I cranked the stereo up, and held the PA mike to the speaker. Most of the real carolers we encountered seemed to find it amusing, but for some reason a few homeowners weren't in as festive a mood as we were, and lodged complaints.

Later, as I was unsuccessfully feigning shame and remorse to my supervisor, I don't know what I found funnier: the look on the supervisor's face, or the fact that one of the complainants had remarked that whichever medic was singing, did a remarkably accurate impression of Porky Pig singing Blue Christmas.

My partner and I pondered the possibilities afterward (and from the duck blind during our suspension) of what it would be like to have Porky Pig as a partner. Imagine Porky delivering a patient report or asking medical control for orders, or asking a stroke patient to say, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks."

Ultimately, we had to reject the notion of Porky Pig as the perfect paramedic partner, because as funny as it might be to watch him do those things, he'd also be likely to raise his hand and ask questions during those interminably boring CE sessions, and if we ever let him order food in the drive-thru, we'd never get to eat.

没有评论:

发表评论